User-friendly control layout
- Building on expertise accumulated over many years as the top international manufacturer of DJ equipment, Pioneer has carried out an in-depth investigation into turntable users’ needs in order to produce a user-friendly control layout. This makes it possible to enjoy intuitive DJ play without ever losing your way.
High-torque*1 direct drive system*2
- Thanks to its high-torque direct drive system, the PLX-1000 provides stable rotation that can withstand use in venues such as clubs, achieving starting torque of at least 4.5kg·cm and reaching the fixed rotation speed within just 0.3 seconds (at 33 1/3 rpm).
*1 Torque: The strength of rotational force acting around a fixed axis of revolution.
*2 A system that directly connects the motor and turntable. Directly conveying the motor’s rotational force to the driver ensures that loss is minimized and enables highly efficient energy transfer.
Excellent sound quality design gets the most from the sound quality of analog vinyl
- Howling is cut by installing rubber tubing(A) inside the tonearm
- The upper part(B) of the main body is built from heavy-mass die-cast zinc, while the lower part(C) uses 8mm-thick resin and the base features a 9mm-thick vibration-damping material(D), which results in excellent vibration-damping properties.
- The RCA jacks feature gold-plated machine-cut parts used in the disc players of Pioneer’s “TAD” high-class audio brand. The sound of analog records is faithfully reproduced with excellent sound quality by directly conveying the phono signal with stable plugs.
Tempo control with variable width selectable from three levels
- The variable width of tempo can be selected from ±8%, ±16% and ±50%, and these wide-ranging tempo controls expand the possibilities of DJ play. Also, simply pressing the “RESET” button instantly reverts to the fixed rotation speed at ±0%.
Attachable / detachable power and audio cables
- Since the PLX-1000 uses attachable / detachable power and audio cables, there are no cables getting in the way when transporting the turntable, nor is there any risk of impact when moving or disconnection due to cables getting caught. Users can also interchange the cables as they please in order to customize the sound quality.
- ･ The body of the player is structured so that cables do not protrude beyond its outer dimensions, taking into account the front-to-back positioning when placing the back of the turntable, with its connection terminals, next to a mixer.
- ･ By using rubber and springs on the dampening parts of the insulator, noise from external vibrations is absorbed and isolated, and stable installation is made possible.
- ･ DJ play has been made smoother by minimizing the operational sound of the START / STOP button.
- ･ A rough surface is applied to the underside of the turntable on the left and right sides in order to ensure stability when carrying.
|Drive method||Quartz lock servo type direct drive|
|Motor||3-phase brushless DC motor|
|Braking system||Electronic brake|
|Rotation speed||33⅓ rpm, 45 rpm|
|Rotation speed adjustment range||±8%, ±16%, ±50%|
|Wow and flutter||0.1% or less WRMS (JIS WTD)|
|S/N ratio||70 dB (DIN-B)|
|Turntable||Aluminium die-casting diameter: 332 mm|
|Starting torque||4.5kg·cm or more|
|Start time||0.3 seconds (at 33⅓ rpm)|
|Arm type||Universal type S-shape tone arm,
gimbal-supported type bearing structure, static balance type
|Effective length||230 mm|
|Tracking error||Within 3 degrees|
|Arm height adjustment range.||6 mm|
|Stylus pressure variable range||0 g to 4.0 g (1 scale 0.1 g)|
|Proper cartridge weight||3.5 g to 13 g (single cartridge)
– When shell weight is used: 3.5 g to 6.5 g
– When only balance weight is used: 6.0 g to 10 g
– When sub weight is used: 9.5 g to 13 g
|Main unit weight||13.1 kg|
(W x D x H)
|453 x 353 x 159 mm|
|Output||RCA × 1|
|Included accessories||Turntable, turntable sheet, slip mat, slip sheet, dust cover, balance weight, head shell, sub weight, head shell, shell weight, adapter for EP record, power cord, Audio cable, ground wire, operating instructions|